Roasted Pumpkin Risotto with Haloumi and Chilli
Ingredients (4 servings)
320 g Arborio rice,
300 g Pumpkin,
100 g Parmesan cheese,
30 g Butter,
1 lt Vegetable broth (or stock),
1 glass of dry white wine,
1 small onion,
4 spoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes. In a large pan fry the onion finely chopped in olive oil then add the pumpkin cubes and sauté.
- Add the rice to the pumpkin, sauté pour 2 minutes then add the dry white wine.
- When the wine is completely reduced add a ladle of broth, stir and cook for around 15-18 minutes over a low heat, adding more broth when it necessary.
- When the rice is done, turn off the heat and stir in butter and parmesan cheese.
- Serve your Pumpkin Risotto.
- As a final touch you can puree some pumpkin cubes in a blender to add to the rice mixture before putting the broth; in this way your Risotto will look much more colorful.